Homes that aren’t used all the time still need protection—but maybe not as much. Standard homeowners insurance may not work for seasonal, rental, or vacant properties. Don’t worry; you can still find the coverage you need.
Need to cover something else? See all of our options.
Many property types welcome
Up to four-family construction, up to three stories
“All risk” for dwelling and other structures and named peril for personal property
Plenty of extras and options
Liability for injuries on the property, personal property, burglary, theft, water damage, mold remediation, rental, identity theft recovery, and more
Discounts that build savings
10 possible discounts could save you 20% or more
Dwelling Special at a glance
With American Modern, you choose what matters to you. Because every home is special.
How you’re covered:
- Coverage includes replacement cost for dwelling and other structures; modified functional replacement cost is an option for older homes
- Includes actual cash value for personal property; replacement cost is an option
- Other structures on the property, reasonable repairs, debris removal, and additional living expenses
- Fair rental value, fire department surcharge, water damage, and mold remediation
Enjoy extra options:
- Liability for injuries on the property, personal property, water damage, burglary, and theft
- Short-term (less than three months) and occasional rental, identity theft recovery, home equipment breakdown, and more
You should know:
- This coverage is well suited for a vacation home that may need less extensive coverage than a full-time residence
- Coverage is not packaged, so you can customize
We cover properties in many shapes and sizes
Talk to an agent
Agents can answer your questions, explain any requirements, and provide a quote. Use our search tool to find one near you.